Thursday, November 16, 2006

Sing Ale LOOooooya

The Britons call it 'Room number 100'. We called it toilet/taailet, when we were kids. Then came a slightly refined word, 'The loo'. Today, thanks to that fine coat of professionalism, we say, "Welcome to the world of washrooms/restrooms".

I frequent washrooms. I can't tell you why, but I do. I get to listen to some really hilarious lines in there. Here are some of the things I would refrain from asking, when in a washroom:

1) "Oh! Yenappa illi!?"

2) "Oota aita?"

3) "So...?" ("What 'so...?', you fatso". Who scheduled my meeting with you at this place?)

4) Knock, knock. "Hari, tu andar hai kya?"

5) "Thu! Illu queue na?"

One really nasty question when a guy is about to leave the restroom...

6) "Aaita?" (sounds like the person is a rogue who leaves all work half done!)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Home is where the theatre is"... "Loo is where the idea is"...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He he, haasya! chennaagide.
Even I have seen people who look the happiest, when in the 'restroom'. And this word 'restroom' for toilet, itself is very funny, I feel. If people go there to take rest, it would be very sad.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Arjun Sharma said...

He he, "aaita?" is hilarious!

12:46 AM  
Blogger Aneesh said...

And I was being made fun of, for creating similar haasya, a few years ago. The World is against me.

By the way, nice posting. Keep it up.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Shilpa said...

nice one yaar!!!
damn funny!! :)

5:58 AM  
Blogger Parisarapremi said...

namma thadiyandamol "thammayya" bhaashe li "kakkas" antha heLbodalla?? :-)

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home